The year is coming to an end and another year is upon us. Around this time, we start our yearly tradition of setting goals for ourselves for the upcoming year. If you are having some difficulty trying to get a start on your goals, here is a list 5 steps to help you jump start your planning.
- First things first, categorize your goals into different areas of your life (ex: career, finance, family, education etc.)
- Identify the ultimate goal you want to achieve in each area. This is the umbrella that encompasses everything, so to speak.
- Break those goals down into smaller sub-goals that you must hit in order to achieve said goal.
- Once those sub-goals are in place, put them into a to-do list for you to follow on a day-to-day basis.
- Lastly, share your goals with someone, bet you didn’t see that one coming. It will help you reflect and get beneficial input from others.
With that, you are done, completed, finished or dare me to even say accomplished. Obviously it doesn’t end there but why would you? You aren’t going to see any progress if you stop here. Now go forth, chase your dream and run wild because I need to go and work on my own goals. See you next year!
Lee Xiong- Graphic Designer